Friday, August 29, 2008
1. When I'm sick I'm really cuddly.
2. When I take a walk, I think about the beauty all around me.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can peace of mind.
4. Cotton makes me comfy and leather makes me squirm.
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was if I told you....then I'd have to hurt you!
6. My favorite color these days is orange/browns because it reminds me of fall! (not that I'm ready for it....but the weather is just making me that way!)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to taking a drive with my wife to a little cabin, tomorrow my plans include doing whatever the hell I feel like doing (knitting, reading, hiking, farmers marketing, garage saleing) and Sunday, I want to do the same thing!!
(and celebrate our 5th Anniversary!) *smooch*
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
We'd been told in the past that medicines could be donated back to the clinic after an IVF (if the people did not use all the medicines). K and I were a bit uneasy at asking.....(don't know why....just were) but today I got the guts up to call and ask.....the worst they could tell us is NO.
Well........ ends up they don't have any "stored" right now from past patients but have a possibly egg donor that fell through that has all the medicines (that the provides to the donor) that she never used. They have placed a call into her......
Could you all send massive strength/powers to this lady that she's stored the medicine at all the right temperatures and that she'd want to let another couple use it?
We're talking savings of $2,700! OR even if this person doesn't return their call, that somehow some of the medicines could be provided......even if 1 or 2 of them. Anything helps. We have all the funds without the help......but it would be nice to not have to take *every* ounce to do it.
Work has been slow....scary slow. I'm scanning maps, typing, copying......August is supposed to be a somewhat busy month for us.....but we'll be lucky if we make money this month. This is only a precursor of what is to come.........We are very lucky and thankful to have property in Grand Coulee paid for.......if need be.
We are headed East of the mountains this weekend for Labor Day. We're staying at a little place outside Mazama. We'll be just enjoying peace and quiet with nothing to do but read books, magazines, knit, and do some ebay stuff.
Also, a friend of mine is cleaning out her Mom's house (she just downsized on their property) and they don't want to hassle with a garage sale so were just going to take it to Goodwill. I told her to bring it over to my house and I'd have the garage sale!! So........ within a few weeks....I'll have a garage full of crap!!! :) I cannot wait! We'll have a garage sale to raise funds for the baby.......... anyone else have any crap that they'd want to donate?!?! (or tables?!)
That's it for now.......
Saturday, August 23, 2008
I got my calendar in the mail yesterday for all my medicines. I started taking birth control last night and celebrated in the thought of not having a period in September ;o) I'll be skipping the placebos until October! YEAH!! (I won't be celebrating in the fact if this birth control does to me what the last did.......and made me puke! UGH........) They gave me a different prescription (and of course THIS type of birth control wasn't covered by insurance..... $45.00 later - with another refill to come in 28 days!) ggggggggrrrrrrr Oh well - seems minimal in comparison to all we'll be spending in the next months!!
We have been approved for our Home Equity loan - so that'll be very helpful financially for us (and will actually save us money in the long run).
We found out from Bham IVF that there are more options available to us. They have been very understanding of us not getting time off work to come to a few extra appointments, but then we are now realizing that we weren't possibly informed as thoroughly with K's IVF because of it. (and it is cheaper without this appointment) So, we have some discussing/deciding to do....and here are what it is:
1) ICSI - ICSI is an acronym for intracytoplasmic sperm injection - which is a long, fancy way of saying "inject sperm into the middle of the egg". ICSI is a very effective method to get fertilization of eggs in the IVF lab after they have been retrieved from the female partner. IVF with ICSI involves the use of specialized micromanipulation tools and equipment and inverted microscopes that enable embryologists to select and then pick up individual sperms in a tiny specially designed hollow ICSI needle. Then the needle is carefully advanced through the outer shell of the egg and egg membrane and the sperm is then injected into the inner part (cytoplasm) of the egg. This will usually result in normal fertilization in approximately 70-85% of eggs injected with viable sperm. First, the woman must be stimulated with medications and have an egg retrieval procedure so that we can obtain several eggs in order to attempt in vitro fertilization and ICSI. We spoke with the embryologist from Bellingham IVF and he strongly suggests we do it with frozen sperm. He gave numbers of something of this sort.....Most eggs would fertilize 60-70% without ICSI - but with ICSI 80-90%. Of course it cost $2,000 more - but heck - if we're spending the money - why not be sure?!
2) 3 day or a 5 day transfer - the five day is called a Blastocyst embryo transfer. Right now we are scheduled for the 5 day....which sounds better to both of us - but there are also other risks involved......so we'll be calling the embryologist in the next week or 2 to discuss more.
3) Where to buy the medicines from!? The pharmacy we used for K's medicines (which is the pharmacy that our clinic *usually* uses - the medicines will cost us $2,700) So, we're looking into quite a few options.......possibly even asking if they could let us use some of their samples and/or other medicines people haven't used in their cycles and brought in! This has potential for savings us tons of money. I don't know how it works for out of country and prescriptions......we're really close to Canada! :)
It looks like my retrieval will be on October 17th. The embryo's will be implanted on October 22nd with a possible pregnancy test on November 1st! :)
Keep up on my blog for updates....:o) it is going to get very exciting!!
We then showered and then have been relaxing a bit this afternoon.
K has last Thursday and Friday off and got to do some stuff by herself. She visited her grandma, finished a book, watched a movie, took a nap, had lunch with a friend, cleaned some of the fence, stained a bit of the fence, and enjoyed not being at work! :)
Thursday, August 21, 2008
As my wife posted (and her first post, thank you very much!) that Bellingham IVF had called me before 9am this morning! That energy was strong! (I guess I need all that energy to get pregnant......so save it up for me!) We're starting me on birth control pills now (was supposed to be tonight but us ding dongs ran too many errands and totally forgot it!) So we'll start it tomorrow night..... we have a few questions of some stuff......(why were taking some meds, if they could give us some free samples rather than paying, etc.) K will call and chat with them tomorrow........ but we're on for October 17th!! YAHOO!!
I have lots of reading and research to do between now and then...... I want to understand every aspect of what we're doing and why it is being done........(it is VERY confusing)
I should be getting my calandar of things to do in the mail tomorrow of Saturday......for the month before....I'll try to upload onto here so you all can be entertained too ;)
Off to bed......
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Right now, it is pouring down rain outside. It is AUGUST!! Where is the sun?! (It actually is refreshing in a way......but it won't be so ... come September when we won't see sun for months!!)
Our garden is flourishing! We have tiny beans finally growing......we packed our beans really tight this year and so I began to wonder if we'd get any...when they are ready - we'll be having beans every night! YUM!! We picked our first cucumber last night......with quite a few others getting big!! We've picked a few carrots. Onions are doing fine. Tomatoes are wanting some heat but are a little orangish/green! My artichoke is being eaten by aphids and I'm not so sure what to do......I sprayed it last weekend with soapy water......and found any lady bugs I could to put on it. LOL It really is fun. We're done with the raspberries....still buying blueberries to eat fresh......oh my gosh their so good........ and now we're waiting on corn on the cob!! We've bought a few ears here and there..........YUM! (I don't know if our corn is going to make it this year......we're just beginning to see the tassles!)
K's laying in bed reading right now...... she has the next 2 days off to do whatever she damn well pleases - without me!! :) We hate being away from each other, but on the other hand.....its kind of fun :) Then anything that happens at work is EXCITING.......not just the same ole' crap of every day, ya know?
Work has been s-l-o-w. They warned us. It isn't going to pick up anytime soon. I'm scanning maps into the computer, which will help everyone in the long run........just isn't the most fun job - but hey - I have one - and for that I'll clean toilets. :)
Baby going-on's....... I'm still waiting in anticipation for that call from Bellingham IVF to tell me what the next step is...... I was thinking the other day - this could be my last period for awhile! YAHOOO!! :) I actually think I'll have 1 or 2 more......before the IVF (but I'd have to figure all that out with them). It's crazy that it is coming so soon........we're almost into September....... and by the beginning of October I'll be on medicine!! :)
Would you send your energy to Bellingham IVF to give me that courtesy call?
I'm anxiously waiting........
We spent last weekend in the Tri-Cities with Ryan and DeWayne helping them with their garage sale and had a very enjoyable weekend. It got warm Saturday, but the morning was actually pretty reasonable. We saw one sign that said 109 degrees. HOT. It was just a quick trip there, quick trip back. We hadn't seen their house yet either.......and it was SUPER cute. Old! Tiled bathroom (blue/yellow), orangeish/redish counter tops, rounded doorways.......SUPER CUTE. Wish they didn't live in the armpit of the state....... :)
Weight Watchers is going just dandy....... I gained .4lbs this past week - K lost .4 It isn't coming off as fast as I had hoped......but then again I'm not trying to exercise and/or do much to make it come off faster...... *shrug* My pants are getting bigger........that's a good sign.
That's it for now.....
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
1. The last meal I had at a restaurant was Jack In The Box (small curly fry and split a crispy chicken with K - 13 points - well spent!)
2. Drinking is something I intensely dislike.
3. The full moon reminds of my dear friend Moonie Mama and how blessed I am to have her as a friend.
4. Bless your panties is one of my favorite local expressions.
5. Sometimes it's best to just allow people to be.
6. JUNO is the best movie I've seen so far this year! (and probably the first and the last?)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to it being FRIDAY and arriving in the Tri-Cities, tomorrow my plans include helping the sister out with a Garage Sale and then hoping to catch some 'chill' time in a pool/river to stay cool and Sunday, I want to enjoy the beautiful ride home with my dear wife and stop in Thorp for some fresh fruit!!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
about yourself. Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
Go to each person's blog and leave a comment that lets them
know they've been tagged. If you participate, let the person
know who tagged you you've posted your quirks!
1. I have to start everything (diet, exercise, etc.) on a Monday!
2. I eat one thing (all) at a time (e.g. all broccoli, then all taters, etc.)
3. I prefer nekkidness over clothes - too restricting! (TMI?) lol
4. I do not like to wear sunglasses!
5. I don't like my food to touch on my plate!
6. Clothes have to fit exactly right, and there is a fine line between too big and too small.
I tag the following people:
Monday, August 11, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Saturday, August 09, 2008
My dad suggested we make shirts - which is a great idea - but we're thinking just a few shirts that we can wear around (and possibly a few family members also)
We're thinking of sending letters to a few local businesses and tree farms to see if they want to advertise on my website......
The question we keep asking ourselves though is....... If we were the business, we'd want to know how to track who comes to their place of business from my website?...(to know even if it was worth their money)....... any ideas???
I'm thinking of doing a drive of some sort...... diaper drive, food drive, any other ideas?? (I'd like to be as creative as I can....but it still needs to be simple)
Thanks in advance!!
We had some coffee, had plans to go garage sale'ing but it was raining out....
had plans to go to our little community picnic..... K suggested I don't take lactaid to go with my little egg scramble I had (some .35 oz of cheese in it) and needed to stay near a bathroom :) so didn't go to that...... we had thought about going to a Geocaching seminar/class thingy at the local library.....didn't get showered until well after 9:00 (and it was at 10:00am) and just were NOT getting anywhere.
We ended up....going to visit K's grandma in the hospital. :o( She got transported via ambulance last night because of bleeding (which they do not know the cause of) and at 95 they are unsure of really what they want to do. (In the past, when she's been put out for a surgery, she's had a slight heart attack) so although a colonoscopy would be the route to go........(and at this point sounds as if it may be the route) there is quite a risk........
The hard part for K and I to swallow......is that we took her 3 baskets of raspberries last Tuesday (some to share with other family that was visiting at the time) and a few for herself.) She ended up eating 2.5 boxes of raspberries.....which we're thinking could be some of the cause of the issue she is having.............................. :o/ We'll see what they find out.....until then she's getting a few unrestful nights in the hospital......and lots of visiting from us! :) She feels fine, no pain, just bleeding........
After visiting Gma we came home and made the best tasting PB & J Sandwiches with CHIPS! Peanut butter is *a lot* of points - 5 for 2 tbsp, but we ate them anyway! MMMMM MMMMMM MMMMMM!! We then headed to the library....where I was hoping to find an encouraging walking tape/CD, but no luck....I didn't check any books out because I already have 3 I've started here at home that I need to finish......(Although Zenmomma and Qacei have me intrigued with Twilight) :)
The sun was then shining so we headed to the local county (small) fair. It was fun! We saw a pig with her 11 (she had 14) PIGLETS. We watched them for probably 10 minutes!! We saw all the exhibits, etc....it got very windy and started to rain and then we headed out!
We came home and then visited with our neighbor (Hi Karen!) and now K's in bed reading and I'm about to hit it too.
Friday, August 08, 2008
1. You know you're old when your boobs sag.
2. My heart is divided between Wii Fit and Saving Money.
3. A REAL PEPSI is what I need RIGHT NOW! (but not the points and/or calories!)
4. I have felt the pain of not being pregnant and spending lots of money on it but on the otherhand, I have known the depths of perseverance to become pregnant and someday to birth that child :)
5. Gah, won't these people just shut their pie holes!
6. October get here as soon as you can!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to hanging out and possibly mowing the lawn, tomorrow my plans include staying inside and snuggling down if it is rainy, possibly baking something from R & K's bakery and Sunday, I want to get outside and possibly go for a hike or do something fun!!
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Side note, have I told you guys about the envelope system? ;o) K and I put money away into a little divided type planner and have money for Gas, Restaurants, Groceries, Fun, Personal Products, Gifts, and Clothes. THIS has saved us (last year) and will this year in preparing for Christmas and/or Birthdays.
Back to finding things I enjoy....... I really enjoy making things for people at work and/or sending care packages. I LOVE IT!! I also really, really loved a cookie that I bought in Vancouver at the Farmers Market....that was HUGE, but was SO yummy. So.......I've been thinking I could possibly make cookies and sell that at farmers markets. NOW, these aren't going to be your average cookie - they are going to be BIG cookies...... I just need to come up with a plan and figure out all I need to.
I know that I need to look into getting my food handlers permit - first off. Secondly, to be able to sell something like this - you need to work out of a commercial kitchen (which I know there is a place locally that will allow you to rent out some time in the kitchen) so there is that. The cost of all the ingredients, the time to bake them all (and to sell them) and just how much I'll make. R & K's Bakery is what people at work call us.....so that's what it will be! We'll see if it works out for next years Farmer's Markets....... that'd be awesome! (OR if I could find a way to ship cookies.......any ideas?)
That's it for now!!
2. I have a beautiful house, with an amazing garden that is growing lush and will soon be fruitful and provide us lots of yummy veggies. (Along with this, a wife that loves to garden and piddle in the yard)
3. I have a job despite all of the layoffs/closures.
4. I have 2 wonderful parents that have supported me, loved me, and done the best for me.
5. I have 2 kitties that snuggle with me, play with me, and let me be entertained by them!
6. I have 2 cars which both work, and run great.
7. We have money in savings.
8. I have so many friends/family members that love and care for us.....and leave awesome comments on our blog that encourage us!
9. I've met and learned from so many unschoolers - and love and am very encouraged by each individual.
10. I've tentatively made an appointment for October 17th for egg retrieval.....almost 2 months away.......that's nuts.
11. For the beautiful sun and the long nights. For the fun walks and the hikes and just the beauty of the world.
12. For knitting and the peace it brings to me.
13. For massage......and for K's elbows digging into my back interim between massages :)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Secondly, tonight I am tired! I was talking to my mom at 7:30 and was tired then, it is now 9:30 and guess what? I'm still tired! I'm going to hit the sack soon.
Thirdly, this week I've had no ambition to do anything remotely to help myself in the Weight Watchers arena of things. Why the heck would I want to exercise, if I exercised 4 times the first week and didn't lose but a measly amount? Can you tell that I tend to hold on to things?..... I weighed this morning and still no change in the scale. Ridiculous.
We're out of money for this pay period.....which really sucks - since we have a whole 'nother week to go (including a weekend). We'll see what we figure out.....maybe to Bellingham to a Sand Sculpting exhibit, or to the Skagit County Fair (for a minimal price) and/or sitting at home?....
I'm headed to bed......maybe tomorrow be another terrific day.
Monday, August 04, 2008
What's hardest is changing my attitude about it also.......it isn't about me necessarily losing weight, but about me getting in better health to carry babies.....although WEIGHT LOSS is all I want to see........and health will come with that.
I EVEN exercised 4x this week.......and still a measly .4 lost.
Sunday, August 03, 2008
We got home at about 9:30 ish, he was filthy so took a bath, then bed time. He wanted one of us to sleep with him (K did........thankfully) When he fell asleep she came in to sleep with me...... and then at 2:00am you hear "RANDIKAULEEN!" lol (we are one!) and she went and slept with him for the night. He has asthma I believe and has trouble breathing sometimes......very wheezy.....so we did a breathing treatment and then he slept until 6:00am! (did I tell you how I was so thankful that K slept with him?)
I also understand a little bit more the idea of the "Wall of beds" for co-sleeping. I ecstatic about co-sleeping and agree with it 100%, but also find that I don't sleep well at all with Braxton (tossing, turning, smacking, etc.) but with a wall of beds......you can get far away from the tossing, turning child?....or am I mistaken? LOL
Nonetheless, they woke me up at 8am, sweet wife.......and we had some breakfast, rode bikes to the park, dug in the dirt, and then mom was here. We now have no gumption to do anything - none at all. So, K's taking a nap (I'm joining her after this) and then we'll maybe get something accomplished - or not. :)
We have no plans for next weekend.......and can I tell you how excited I am for that? Heck, I have no plans for THIS week!! yahoooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Saturday, August 02, 2008
INSEMINATION: (per Bellingham IVF - other clinics may do it differently)
Go about the monthly cycle as usual with a few vaginal ultrasounds to see how ones eggs are growing. On about day 12-14 you get an HCG shot to "make" you ovulate within the next 24+ hours. You then have an appointment the next day to be inseminated (the sperm is put into a tiny syringe type thing that and threaded into the cervix). You don't really feel anything other then the speculum (which a man HAD to have invented!) Then you wait 2 weeks to see if your period starts......and/or take a blood test. No testing early as HCG is what pregnancy tests detect.
(We have done insemination's and also added some medicine to create more eggs....but still the same protocol, other than.....more money)
IVF = Invitro Fertilization
This starts with birth control pills to take over ones cycle and then a month full of medicine to create more eggs, etc. This is pretty much the cycle where the doctor takes over your whole body to make it prime nesting grounds for a baby. They allow your body to make lots of eggs (mine can make 25+) and then they put you out and take a needle into your ovaries and draw out the eggs. They then "cook" them in a petri dish for 3-5 days and then put the now embryo's back in. Bed rest for a few days and then wait 10-11 days to do a pregnancy test.
This is the basic route of it all...... but hopefully that will allow you to understand a bit more.
As for our baby plans.......
We're planning on October and we're going to do IVF :) We are very excited, anxious and for me - I just wish it would get here! :) It is very exciting to tear another month off the calandar, knowing it is a month closer! :) This year at work we have to use up all of our vacation (no carry over) and so there are a lot of people with LOTS of vacation and we're getting down to the last 6 months of the year and so people are trying to get all their vacations in and so K and I have been trying to figure out when would be best to start the baby stuff. We scheduled October 17th - October 31st off! I should get a call this week from Bellingham IVF to make "tentative" plans............ YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We started Weight Watchers on Monday. We've tried it many times before and haven't stuck to it...... but this time we both joined, attended a meeting, and we have the mind set that we can stick to it! We've done great so far and our first weigh-in is Monday! :) (It truly helps to have someone to be accountable to!)
We had a pizza party for a lady in our office that was leaving at our house. We had people bring pizza toppings and then we bought Boboli's! It really turned out to be a great time! We'll miss this person in our office greatly..... but hopes she has less stress and enjoys this new job lots! :)
Last night I went for another massage.... my neck has been bothering me quite a bit and I had a headache all week....so we coughed up the money. UGH. I love it, but hate spending the money on extra things like this. I do feel a bit sore today, with tweaks here and there...... we'll see. It may be more underlying....and I may try to find a yoga class or something to help strengthen.
This morning we got up and ran some errands - Farmers Market for BLUEBERRIES ;o) and some fresh green beans since ours will not be on for probably another 2-4 weeks......then I'll have them coming out of every crevice in my body! LOL and then we returned some books to the library (only to come home and find that we had left one CD in the CD PLAYER!!) so now we have to make another trip to return it..... and then to Kohl's to find some comfy tennis shoes for Randi's Big Feet......(this has been an on going saga....) but we did find some that are comfy! and then to get some shampoo and conditioner at JC Penny and back home for a yummy turkey sandwich, cucumbers, and some sun chips :) K's laying down for a nap....... and I'm typing!
Tonight we watch Braxton for our every 6 weekish night watch! We're going to take some hot dogs, blueberries and watermelon and head for the beach! He really enjoys playing in the water, in the sand, and just hanging out. So we'll go do that and BBQ there. The sun isn't really shining here yet....... so hopefully soon!! K's sister and kids may join us - which would be fun!