Wednesday, July 02, 2008

In Loving Memory of Coco

Dog heaven is a special place
My tail is wagging fast
With all the things we dogs enjoy
I'm having such a blast.
Each night when I look in my dish
I get filet mignon for dinner
Never that dry stuff or stale meat
No cereal or filler.
So many other dogs are here I never get dog lonely
It never takes me long at all
To find that night's "one and only."
We have so many balls to chase I'm getting so much fitter
With water flowing everywhere
Always sweet and never bitter.
Sometimes it looks like Star Wars
When I stare into the sky
It isn't UFO's I see
But countless frisbees passing by.
The firemen here all love the place
A perfect spot they can retire
With one hundred hydrants for each dog
They'll never have a fire!
Cars with windows lowered
Pass by me on the street
With dog ears flapping from each one
It makes me feel complete.
Yet in this perfect playground
Doing all I love to doI find I'm often thinking back
Of all the times I spent with you.
There could be no kinder owner
We always had so much fun
Don't forget that I had seven years
Every time that you had one.
You always gave me so much love
Such kindness and attention
You deserve an owner's blue ribbon
Not just an honorable mention.
So please keep my memory active
In the morning when you eat
As you're chewing on your bagel
I'll be sitting at your feet.Arf!
Love,Coco

No comments: