Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Onward and Upward!

I had another ultrasound today and we're going onward and upward! YEAH! My eggs are behaving so far this time, which is such great news. I was very hesitant that this medicine they tried me on this time wouldn't do the same thing.

So, today I had about 3 eggs that were good size and were separating from the little eggs. I'm now started on 1cc of medicine......nothing I've taken before and a free sample of something they had that was like repronex (an egg enhancer). (Side note: I took 50mg of follistim last try.....and created an army) so this time they are literally giving me a SNIFF of it. :) These are shots of course :) but I handle them well in my stomach - no biggie. So I do these shots for the next few days and go up again on Friday for another ultrasound. Nothing like being wanded............. LOL

Now......Friday is where it can get a little tricky and be interesting (and let me tell you......Friday I'll be a bit of a mess........just wanting to know how the eggs are doing!) but I believe Friday is day 12......most people ovulate on day 12-15ish.......some I'm sure earlier/later - but the average is that. So......if I don't get an HCG shot (to make me ovulate) on Friday then I may have to be checked again on Saturday/Sunday (making the doctor come in for a special trip) and/or wait till Monday but then we risk the chance of me ovulating naturally. Anyone confused yet?

At this rate....they give me a shot on Friday - they still have to inseminate on Saturday :) OR I wait until Saturday/Sunday and/or Monday. I don't think it'll go past Monday..............

and have I told you how excited I am?
This try is like doing 3 tries of regular insemination's. I have only tried 1 insemination.
Other than these happenings...... not much has been going on. I've been researching, looking, researching, looking, frying my brain on trying to figure out where to go, what to do, where to stay in Mexico! :) I've asked places for reservations, only to be told they are booked. We may end up changing our dates............but then if I get pregnant - we don't have much dates to change :) so..............you know how that goes.
That's it for now..................I'll post when I know more.
Randi

3 comments:

CiaoBella! said...

Randi,
I think I booked Cancun thru alaskaairlines.com vacations, if you want to try that. I don't know the dates you're looking for tho.

Keep breathing. I may cry. This would be so awesome!
Aunt Mary

Randi said...

Awww! Thanks Aunt Mary! We're keeping our fingers and toes crossed...............it would be awesome! AND we'll celebrate if it is positive - GUARANTEED! :)

Ronnie said...

It's probably good you have Mexico planning to distract you. The waiting is making *me* nuts - can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Fingers, toes, arms, legs, and eyes are all crossed on your behalf. 8-)