Monday, February 25, 2008

Mom Goes To Court for Serving Alcohol to Minor

Our courier at work, has a daughter that moved to Minnesota awhile back. She just got hired on at a small cafe and on the first night (stressful, crazy) served alcohol to a minor. The cafe got a ticket and now she is going to court on Thursday and they have told her she had *better* have an attorney. She doesn't have the money for one and honestly knows she was wrong and just wants this to be over and done with. She's learned her lesson.

Anyone know of any attorneys in Minnesota and/or any other options for this young lady? Here is her cry for help:

Please Help!!! I live in Minnesota and last month got caught in a sting operation serving alcohol to a minor at the small cafe where I work. It was my first night serving and in the middle of the dinner rush and I was totally overwhelmed. It was an honest mistake as I would never do this on purpose. I have a squeaky clean record, not even a speeding ticket and am a full time stay at home mom. (I only work one day a week and every other weekend on my husbands days off.) I have been to court last week and they said I didn't qualify for a public defender. I can't afford a lawyer and don't know what to do. I talked to a lawyer on the phone and he told me that I should try to get a stay of Judication. But then I've recently heard that one person got 4 days in jail. I can't goto jail!!!! Someone please help me!!!

If nothing else - please keep Jill in your thoughts on Thursday.

No comments: