Thursday, December 18, 2008

Midwife Appointment

I was supposed to have a midwife appointment today at 5:30pm. We trekked to the office, only to call about 10 minutes later that she wasn't going to be able to make it - and we were missed the by secretary to call us and tell us. Oh well. We don't live THAT far from the office...... but I was a bit disappointed in not being able to hear the heartbeat. But then again, at almost 11 weeks........ we weren't sure if we'd hear it and had been pre-warned that we may not. So.... now we wait until January 5 - I'll be into my 13th week and we should be able to hear the heartbeat loud and clear. I try to tell myself, there is a reason for everything. :)

K and my dad just knocked snow off of the christmas lights before they freeze and it gets stuck and then we break the lights.

that's enough for now..........

2 comments:

Beachbum said...

Hold onto the thought of that little beat and feel it put a spring in your step. It's well worth the wait. I do understand the disappointment of not having the visit, just means more will be revealed next time? Or at least more questions on the list of "remember to ask..."

unschoolingsupermom said...

When i was pregnant with Claire, I bought a heartbeat monitor for home. It wasnt as great as the professional ones, but it did the job when I wanted to listen.