Sunday, August 05, 2007

Our Weekend In A Nutshell...


We had a very fun weekend, somewhat non-eventful. Friday night we had planned to do something fun, but by the time rolled around to 5pm, all we wanted to do was come home and crash! We ended up grabbing some chineese and just hanging out!!

Saturday, we had a few errands to run (library books, down comforter at dry cleaners, etc.) and then we were waiting for the arrival of Braxton, our hairdresser's kid (who is 4!). We get free haircuts, and we watch him overnight.

He is never quite happy being dropped off, but calms down after about 5 minutes. We laid down immediatley (had been sleeping in the car) and he slept from 12:50-3:20!! He was so enjoyable when he woke up! We took him to the beach, played in the water and with the sand/rocks, rolled around in the dirt, played on the toys, cooked some hot dogs and only ate the bun with ketchup and mustard! :) and just enjoyed each other. We came home and he took a bath and then we watched Barnyard (funny movie!) and we all crashed!

This morning we woke up at 7am *yawn* and played for a bit outside weeding, playing in more dirt :) and blowing up the basketball, etc. We tired him out because when mom came to get him around 11:00am.....he was sleeping on me, again! :)

He was attached at my hip. He sat on my lap anytime I sat down. He stood by me anytime I stood up. Literally, attached :)

After he left, we enjoyed some quiet time.....at lunch and ran into town to do some errands (Grocery shopping - oh joy!)

We decided we're going to try for the next 2 weeks to not eat any flour, sugar or dairy (specifically the dairy for me). I haven't been feeling the hottest latley, and when we did the elimination diet, this is pretty much what we didn't eat. So, we got some carrots out of the garden, 3 kohlrabi, and we got some grapes, watermelon, peas and cucumbers. We've cut everything up for fresh/easy eating. :) I am sure this will make us feel better about ourselves too.

I've started reading the 2nd Harry Potter Book. I'm enjoying it. Kauleen has now started the 7th book......and is enjoying it too. We are just finishing up the laundry for the work week :)

Tomorrow is K's grandma is turning 94! How amazing it'd be to live that long! :)

Here's some pics of the beach! :)

Love you all!!

1 comment:

Binne77 said...

I am jealous. I want to go to the beach on a whim!